Hooky Dive July 21, 2010 (Night Dive)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba_frog

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Next Hooky dive is Wed., July 21 at Haigh Quarry. Being optimistic, this is a 3 dive day. Tina ok'd us to do a night dive. Let's plan on getting there early afternoon...12:30 or so. As long as we don't dilly dally (yes a technical diving term), my thought is to get in 2 dives before grilling something for dinner then go in for our night dive. I have a few extra lights that I will bring in case someone needs one. Don't forget to check your batteries.

I will bring a bag of charcoal and starter fluid. Everyone bring their own entree to grill, drinks and maybe something to pass around. So who is all going and what are you bringing. See you all there.

Pete

Next Hooky dive is Wed., July 21 at Haigh Quarry. Being optimistic, this is a 3 dive day. Tina ok'd us to do a night dive. Let's plan on getting there early afternoon...12:30 or so. As long as we don't dilly dally (yes a technical diving term), my thought is to get in 2 dives before grilling something for dinner then go in for our night dive. I have a few extra lights that I will bring in case someone needs one. Don't forget to check your batteries.

I will bring a bag of charcoal and starter fluid. Everyone bring their own entree to grill, drinks and maybe something to pass around. So who is all going and what are you bringing. See you all there.

Pete

What kind of steak is recommended for 21 JULY? Bill C

This is a reply.

What kind of steak is recommended for 21 JULY? Bill C

Since you're buying, lobster and filets are preferred. Thanks! :cool3:

How'd the dive go? Night dives seem like they would be really interesting. Pics?

Diving Haigh is always fun, especially at night. I was too dehydrated and was cramping real bad so I didn't do the night dive (dry suit, undergarment and 85* water don't mix well...was sweating too much and not enough time to hydrate properly). I did make it straight down for a few minutes and as usual, some HUGE bass come out so gobble up the small fry. Just nature doing its thing.

How did you OW dives go.

That sounds really cool, can't wait!

They are this weekend, less than 5 days, can't wait.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom