Hornby Island.. Shore dives????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Best bet is to talk to Rob Z. at Hornby Island diving. He's at the end of the road, Ford Cove, southern end of the island. There is a shore dive just to the left (East) of the marina that he will can show you. He might be able to tell you about some other shore dives, or if you have a few $$, he can take you out on some boat dives. The diving there is great!

done and done..

went out with hornby island divers.. and did the shore dive right by the shop.. (good little easy shore dive)

didnt see the sharks.. but the visibility was incredible..

Nice!:D

I was there a couple of weeks ago, and the viz was just so-so. About 30-40 ft in the top 40 ft, then opened up deeper.

I wad also there end of June, and viz was awesome. Like 80 ft +, even shallow, which was amazing to me.

Generally, they have better viz than most, but like everywhere else in BC, it is unpredictable!

vis at flora was about 10-15 metres at 25 m depth.. this other offshore dive.. forget its name.. about 20 m.. could see other divers lights even further ..

was a bright sunny day..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom