HOT! Faber LP85 Scuba Tank NIB

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

offthewall1

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Limited Quantities

$240.00 + Shipping

Brand New in Box (2009 Manufacture dates)
Comes with Blue Steel Convertible DIN/K Valve & Tank Boot

First Come First Served - Only 8 Remaining - Save $100+

The perfect tank for doubling, side mount or single tank diving...

Pick them up locally and save even more... Local pick ups will receive
a FREE Dust Cap, VIP Sticker and Airfill ($20 value)

We accept Visa, MC & Discover and PayPal...

Contact us today to take advantage of this amazing deal!

No comment about this deal, and I don't like to post negative stuff in the classifieds, but as an experienced sidemount diver and instructor, I have to clarify that Faber LP 85s are not "The perfect tank for...side mount..." They are actually one of the worst tanks out there for sidemount. They are way too floaty and positive from about 2500psi and lower, which is full in some locales. Sidemount divers should not even consider these tanks.

Just thought persons considering these tanks should know that they are great for sidemount diving contrary to the previous post. In all fairness, I in no way am associated with the seller, and if you sidemount or want to these would make a great purchase and are priced very fairly. I also have a few buddies that sidemount these tanks, including an instructor, and we could not be happier. Just my 2 cents!! Have a great evening

mikeb663, are you referring to LP85s or specifically to Faber LP 85s? There is a difference. Worthington LP 85s are great sidemount tanks. The Fabers are not.

I sidemount with my faber LP 85's and love them. Have 3 sets.
Maybe its individual. With the Armadillo my ST 100's worked better.
Now I dive with a Nomad.

No comment about this deal, and I don't like to post negative stuff in the classifieds, but...

Why do people say they don't like to crap in someone else's "for sale" thread, and then do exactly that?

Last edited:
mikeb663, are you referring to LP85s or specifically to Faber LP 85s? There is a difference. Worthington LP 85s are great sidemount tanks. The Fabers are not.

I was specifically referring to Faber LP 85. Worthington LP 85 are not as good when it comes to trim as the Faber tanks. We may just need to agree to disagree. You might want to give them more of a chance! This would have more appropriate for you to address in the gear forum than to derail the thread of another member selling a great product at an awesome price.

I'm not crapping on this thread or derailing it. Faber 85s are just fine for backmounted doubles or as a single backmount tank. However, they are far from "perfect for sidemount". But hey, that's just my opinion after doing almost 500 dives in sidemount and using over 1/2 dozen different cylinders as well as the opinion of several other sidemount divers. Anyway, I'm done with this thread.

No comment about this deal, and I don't like to post negative stuff in the classifieds, but as an experienced sidemount diver and instructor, I have to clarify that Faber LP 85s are not "The perfect tank for...side mount..." They are actually one of the worst tanks out there for sidemount. They are way too floaty and positive from about 2500psi and lower, which is full in some locales. Sidemount divers should not even consider these tanks.

Put down the bong dude, Faber 85s are NEVER positive, even empty :shakehead:

Note to self...do not take any training or buy any equipment from a tech/cave instructor who is pompus enough to try and hijack another instructors thread for no other reason than to be a jerk.

Your posts and comments came off as arrogant and self serving. You are a jackwagon sir.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom