Hotel-based diving from Phuket, Khao Lak or Khao Lanta?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DesertEagle

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi, I'm currently planning a 1-week diving trip for November. At this point it's a tossup between Phuket and Bali. In favor of Phuket, the flight logistics are easier from Boston. I will be traveling alone and I would prefer to stay in a hotel. My experience is about 180 dives. Budget is modest to medium.

Most of all I want to see soft corals and lots of small fish. Anthias are my favorite.

Please help with a recommendations for an area to stay and a dive operator. Current research is leaving me with "analysis paralysis."

Thanks!!

Checkout Seabees based in Phuket and koh lak. Very professional and offer both daily dives and live aboards. We dove both locations and a trip out to similans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There really are many, many options for you.

What I would recommend is a combination of the Northern divesites (Similans, Koh Bon, Koh Tachai and Richelieu Rock), especially the latter 3 are offering excellent diving this season, and the southern divesites, Hin Daeng, Hin Muang, Koh Haa, Shark Point area, Phi Phi area. These are all excellent this year. The southern divesites you can do either via daytrips or liveaboards, just take into account that from Phuket Hin Daeng, Hin Muang and Koh Haa are not possible on a daytrip.

Hope this helps you a bit further.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom