Hotel Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We are staying at Hotel Cozumel next month for 2 weeks (AI), our return flight does not depart until 9pm, would we be allowed to keep our wristbands past 12 noon checkout, to be allowed to use restaurnt/bar?Would we be allowed dinner in the dinning room before we leave for airport?

We've requested a late check out time before, 1 PM or so, and had no problems with it. Since you are not leaving til much later, you would probably want to ask the hotel about that.

Another question..when you guys say the Dive Paradise boats are 'slow' ...what are we talkin for a total time on a 2 tank dive trip? WHens the boat normally leave the dock and return?
DP also has fast boats available in the morning. These are the long narrow boats. They get you there faster but have no shade. They have a couple older boats that are some of the slowest around but they also have nice, newer boats that move a little faster. Personally, I enjoy any time on the water. I like the ride out. Plenty of time to organize my gear. Watch how skilled (or unskilled) my fellow divers are when organizing their gear, and talking with people. Helps to evaluate which folks may have problems on the dive. Enjoy the ride folks or you're missing out.

We are staying at Hotel Cozumel next month for 2 weeks (AI), our return flight does not depart until 9pm, would we be allowed to keep our wristbands past 12 noon checkout, to be allowed to use restaurnt/bar?Would we be allowed dinner in the dinning room before we leave for airport?
We've never had any problems staying for lunch after checking out but have never tried stretching it out to dinner.

Have stayed there fourteen times.
Pool, great.
Staff, some of the best you will find on the Island. Friendly and Very Honest.
Rooms, always clean, not Five Star, but very comfortable. I prefer the ocean view, less noise from the nightly shows. Walk to town, just pay attention to the sidewalk, a little different than stateside.
Dive Op, friendly.
Boats, slow and never on time. Some are famous for being slow, but hey, I'm ex- navy and enjoy a boat ride.
Add $15 for a fast boat, rest cattleboats for the most part. I use Scuba-Du, great Boats and great Staff.
Food, A I food is very disappointing, bland, and at times just wierd, especially breakfast. The omelet line brings back memories of Navy Boot Camp, a long wait.
The poor woman tries very hard, but for an operation with that many people, hire another chef. Restaurant satff are great, always there for you. The food is not worth the cost of A I, get breakfast then eat in town.
Comments I've heard, "Ive had better food in Jail"' "I ate better in Vietnam", Food not Good, and yes the cruise ship people have there own tables, and not the same menu.
My favorite (makes me laugh, not salivate) is the roast turkey on Italian night in the dining room.

We're going to be staying here Feb 21-27. Diving with the house dive op - Dive Paradise. Plan is to do 3 days of 2tank AM/1 tank PM, 1 day 2 tank AM/1 night dive, and the Sat before leaving doing 2 tank AM (then letting gear dry before leaving the following afternoon).

Anyhow, I think we will have a couple hours between the AM dives, and the PM departure. We are not doing the all inclusive.

Wondering what would be good food close by for lunches between the dives. Any recs for good lunch in walking distance?

I stayed at Hotel Cozumel from Jan 19-26 and I have to say the food at lunch & dinner was much better than on previous trips, and although we all have different ideas of a good meal I ( and my wife) had no reason to go elsewhere that week even though we had planned to. Walking distance is another of those personal things, but generally speaking it's about 1/2 Km (1/3 mile or so) in either direction to a restaurant. Having stayed at the Blue Angel the week after staying at Hotel Coz (it's the first restaurant to the south) we really enjoyed the food there too, plus the food at La Hach, which is probably another 1/4 mile walk past Blue Angel. I haven't eaten at any of the restaurants that fit the description of "close" heading towards town except at Prima, which is high end.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom