Housings for my toys

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TexasMike

Contributor
Reaction score
Was thinking about my future diving that will include deco stops...

And, ya know...

If Ikelite and the other manufacturers can come up with housings for the digital cameras that allow us to push the buttons and manipulate the features of the camera...

...why can't they make a housing for my GameBoy? So that way I can play video games to pass the deco obligation.

I would rather have one for my laptop and some sort of internet connection. That would be a great time check out the board.

Chad

This is a great Idea!

However, I doubt that the Nintendo corporation (or any other that makes hand held games) sees a large enough niche market here for what you propose.

However, I don't see it beyond reason for Suunto or any of the other dive computer manufacturers to include small and simple games for passing the deco time on THEIR computers! In fact I think it would be a Grade A marketing ploy for some of them!

Spyder

I wonder, my mom has one of those little machines that vacuum packs food. Wonder if you could use a similar device to protect the game boy? Maybe the one that is supposed to seal a bag of chips that has been opened would work. Put gameboy in a thick piece of plastic and zip, zip, zip use the little gadget to melt/seal the open edges.

:D Ber :bunny:

Originally posted by large_diver
Actually, there is at least one dive computer that has a game feature for passing the time in deco.....the OMS VR3
I heard about this one but wasn't sure if the fellow was pulling my fin or not.

Might be worth a try. I know that last April, a bunch of us went to L.Superior for the Annual Bunny Dive; we took a stuffed toy rabbit zip-locked in 3 zip-lock bags down to 35 feet for 20 minutes. The inner bag did not get wet but the other two did. Hmmmmm.......Game boy wouldn't be a bad deal for them there deco hangs....... :)

I'd heard rumours about this computer - should be interesting.

Plus I have heard there is a casing for the iPAQ from a friend that dived Lusitania this summer - I guess they left it on the station.... I'll see if I can find out more as that could be fun!

Jonathan

from those with far more technical knowledge than mine............would the game boy electronics survive ???. Perhaps they they would but the casing may not. If not tested for the pressure on the casing..............Is the LED display the same as the dive computers ??...........Just questions , not arguements............great idea though.................

I would think the LCD display in a GameBoy would be fine. My logic behind this is that the pressure inside the GameBoy would be the same as the pressure on the outside of the GameBoy.

I would also be interested in if it would work, but so far my son is not willing to let his Dad try it out. ;-0

Back
Top Bottom