Houstonians: Where did you go for training?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

YaHoo

New
Reaction score
Hey guys, my girlfriend and I want to get certified this summer. There are many places in Houston that offer the service, but I wanted to ask and find out who has the better reputation. The prices I've seen were between 100 and 425$. I don't want to get ripped off, but then I also don't want to go through a company that just gets people in and out. So I would like to ask you guys in Houston: Who did you get your certification through? How was your experience? Who do you recommend?

Thanks!

I got certifiied back in 80 at Houston Scuba Academy off Dairy Ashford. They were then and they they are now a Scuba Pro shop. While Scuba Pro makes great equipment you will pay a premium for it. If I were you I would check out 3 or 4 shops that are closest, talk to the people that will actually be doing the instruction, and go with whomever you are most comfortable with. Recently I have been dealing with R@D in Katy, they also have a location off Westeimer. There prices are resonable though I have not taken any instruction from them............good luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom