How are other brands of digital camera besides Nikon/Canon/Olympus?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

raxafarian once bubbled...
Just make sure you research any mail order companys that you are not familiar with.......

I'm normally hesitant to do business with companies that I don't know....but this site rates each of the stores and gives all of the info concerning returns, shipping etc.

You can never be to careful, but these days it seems that more and more of the items I want are available on line for much less than if I went "out" to shop for them. Also, I don't have to get out of my sweats and fuzzy slippers (not a pretty picture huh) when it's snowing and 20 degrees. :)

Thanks for the info.

I will most likely get the Olympus C-5050, and if I feel that using a manual focus SLR & manual strobe is too much of a hassle, I just might get a housing for the 5050.

It looks like 99.9% of the online photoshops are based in NYC, which is where I am, so I probably have to pay tax for it. Maybe I could show up at the shop and work out some deal with them (at least pay no shipping, but the last time I went to these shops (for electronics,) there is all these "that is not what I said over the phone", "that is not the price", "not in stock" excuses.)

Under pricescan, the 5050 seems to be one of the few models that is continuing to drop in price, defying the xmas price increase trend of other models. Maybe it is very new, and hopefully it will drop more in the next few weeks.

Sony makes a line of Cyber shots, and there is a waterproof case (100ft) for them and they are really small (they fit easily in your bc pocket even with the case). Don`t know about the picture quality but I have a freind and he loves his. For the specs and money you mentioned this may be a consideration.

Back
Top Bottom