How can i attach the knife to the BCD?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hello everybody, i am pretty new here.
so its the deal, my family bought me this knife: Thecnisub ( aqualung ) zaq.
which is great and it comes with two bands that you can attach it to your hand
or leg easly.
but i think that i want to attach it to BCD so i wont need to take it off every time.
i cant really think of a good place where to secure it on the BCD.
i thought about the hose of the BCD inflation or on the hose of the pressure gauge?

what do you think? it is good idea or i simply will need to attached it eventually to
my leg or my hand? thank you in advanced.

Hello and Welcome,

I would avoid attaching the knife anywhere high up on the jacket, like a bcd inflator hose, as it could lead to a nasty neck injury. If the knife has screw's on the back of it you could peirce a hole in your bcd pocket and screw it onto there. It is an option to attach it to your spg hose also. Maybe try it in a couple of different locations and see which place feels the best.

Good luck with it.

I use a BCD knife which I have attached to the bottom right broad strap on my BCD having the back plate on the inside of the strap screwed to the knife holder on the outside of the strap.

I have tried to attach it to both my leg and my arm with the rubber straps provided, but I feel this is very inconvenient, it either have to be very tight strapped or it becomes loose after a while in the water and when attached to the leg I have noticed that I become prone to cramp in the leg where its strapped.

There is nothing wrong with taking a couple of zip ties and tying it to either you corrugated inflation hose or to your LP hose, this way its nice and neat and always at hand when you need it....

Wherever you do attach it just make sure you can get at it easily with either hand.

the T sport scubapro (na other BCDs?) has two holes in the left pocket, reinforced with a S/S gromet, they are at the right centres for a few knives out there, very neat, you fix with 2 screws from the inside of the pocket into the sheath.

i have the same knife . the semi big one wit the black and gray handle? i have the same problem. and now that im instructing its become even bigger a problem for me,as a matter of fact, i've stopped diving with it. i've decided to buy a new, smaller knife. i'm going to save the bigger dives for recreational and sport divingand not for work.

may i suggest attatching it to the pocket or by your rib cage of the bcd?

Hello everybody, i am pretty new here.
so its the deal, my family bought me this knife: Thecnisub ( aqualung ) zaq.
which is great and it comes with two bands that you can attach it to your hand
or leg easly.
but i think that i want to attach it to BCD so i wont need to take it off every time.
i cant really think of a good place where to secure it on the BCD.
i thought about the hose of the BCD inflation or on the hose of the pressure gauge?

what do you think? it is good idea or i simply will need to attached it eventually to
my leg or my hand? thank you in advanced.

Since you want a knife that you can attach to your BCD so it will be readily accessible and you don't have to take it on and off between dives, which is a good idea..then..um..get a BCD knife rather than one designed to place on your arm or leg and then make changes to it. You aren't going to be able to improve on the manufacturers design.

If you are concerned about being stuck with an unneeded piece of gear that you bought but now regret, there's a classified section on this board and there's Ebay.

Sell it and get yourself a knife better designed for your purpose.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom