How cool is it when your boss says "Let's go diving"?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divematt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
A couple of weeks ago my boss said "Let's take a day off of work and go diving". So I planned a Wednesday, March 24th, 3 tank dive trip with lunch on Underwater Explorers dive charter down in Boynton Beach.

My boss, another manager at our company, and I were to set out at 9:00 a.m. in the morning. We were joined by two other members of our Daytona Beach Dive Club.

Kevin Metz, the owner of Underwater Explorers, led three beautiful dives and took excellent care of us. The water was up to 72 degrees by that Wednesday March 24th sunny day. The current was mild, but ran south instead of north, and the vis had cleared up to 60 to 70 feet on the first of our 3 dives.

We did "Black Condo" first, but somehow missed the whale shark which had been recently sighted! That's OK though, there were plenty of Turtles, Eels and sharks to keep our attention. Then we did "Clubhouse" and at one point saw 7 Nurse Sharks at one time. They were everywhere probably "Looking for Love". Not only that, but we saw 2 Roughtail Rays 6' wide, one with his Cobia buddy hanging by his side. We finished off our perfect mid-week dive trip with "Delray Ledge" one of my favorite sites.

Thank you Kevin and Alex, our captain, for giving us reason to continue to dive with you and recommend your charter to everyone we meet in the dive world. It's clear why you won the Florida Divemaster of the Year Award. And it's pretty cool to have a boss that likes to dive too!

Matt

Sounds like a good boss to work for! My boss usually ORDERS me to go diving, then comes along and expects me to pay for everything. Oh, wait... I AM my boss (but also a Gemini!).

That would be fantastic. Diving with Kev is always fun. You never know who will turn up and from where...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom