How deep have you gone and why ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

teknitroxdiver:
Only 5.5 days? I thought the standard was a whole lot slower than that?

...in those days ( Fall of 1982 ).

We used Oceaneering International's "standard" sat. deco profile. I can't recall exactly, but the ascent was close to:

1000' - 300'......8' / hr.
300' - 200' 6' / hr.
200' - 100' 5' / hr.
100' - 50' 4' / hr.
50' - 0' 3' / hr.

This ascent profile is actually a modification of O.I.'s standard sat. ascent; it was used in a later sat. where a bend occurred while travelling, thus the "standard" ascent in that era was likely a bit faster than those numbers.

If you want to read a story about one of my trips to that depth, do a search on my posts & check out "Of Saturation and V.M.C. - it'll give you an inside look at what life was like "inside". Then again, I'll find it for you! Try:

http://www.scubaboard.com/t2524-.html

Regards,
D.S.D.

104' at Paradise springs, Ocala FL, 100' diving the Duane off of Key Largo, FL

DeepSeaDan:
730' for 29 days.

5.5 days of deco.

VERY big paycheck.
A while back, I met an ex-Navy diver who spent 29 days at 850 fsw. Interesting coincidence. I wondered for a minute if you are ex-Navy, but I noticed the part about the big paycheck. Guess not!

What gas were you breathing? How many hours per day were you in the water?

DeepSeaDan:
And thats why.
Nothing wrong with that.

DeepSeaDan:
Still stands as the deepest sat. dive conducted in Canadian waters.
Where did you do this dive and what were you doing? All my friend could say about his dive was that he was "looking at things on the bottom".

DeepSeaDan:
Just hope my bones don't turn to dust anytime soon!
For what it's worth, he did quite a few of these dives and his bones haven't turned to dust.

I just noticed the link to your other post about the dive. Fascinating story!

30 000m (30Km).....to go back home cause I forgot my tanks :eyebrow: Actually, deepest dive was 98 feet to a cold dark wreck...scared the crap out of me...ascended way too fast..havn't been past 60 since...maybe I'll go back when I'll be more comfortable with my own skills!

DeepSeaDan:
730' for 29 days.

5.5 days of deco.

VERY big paycheck.

And thats why.

Still stands as the deepest sat. dive conducted in Canadian waters.

Just hope my bones don't turn to dust anytime soon!

Regards,

D.S.D.

Folks, I think we have a winner!

yep, got my OW and did a 60' dive, but that's cuz i wanted to get under the bat ray :)

ok, I've seen this a bit, what the heck is DIR?

I guess my deepest would be less than a handful of dives in the 100-110 range. But the vast majority of my dives have been in the 40-60 ft. range. Depends where we are and what we're doing. But in the lake that's my favorite place to dive, most of best diving (treasure hunting) is actually in 30-35 feet. Makes for longer dives, too. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom