How deep have you gone and why ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With scuba gear - 110 feet to see the Superior Producer in Curacao. Without Scuba gear - I could tell you but then I would have to kill you (rode submarines in the Navy, let's just say "In excess of 400 feet") :)

Mike

140 ft because I was with a buddy who was not looking my way, and I did not want to be at 130, or 120 alone.

238 Feet with proper equipment and training.
This was to observe deep water anemones in the La Jolla Sbumarine Canyon.
Haven't dived like that in years, but would consider it for a spot like Bikini or similar type of U/W destination. Training and equipment is the key to safety no matter how deep or shallow you're planning to go.

Daryl Morse:
BTW, my deepest dive was my AOW deep dive, which was to 95 fsw. Most of my dives since then have been to 75-85 fsw, because that's where the stuff is to look at. At some point, I'll go deeper, but not for no reason.
Since this thread is still alive, I thought I'd post an update.

After I did AOW I dove gradually deeper towards 100 fsw and then occasionally down to 110 fsw. When I took the ANDI CSU course (advanced nitrox with certification limit of two mixes up to 50% and depth to 40 m / 130 fsw), we did 119 fsw on one of the dives. That was my deepest dive for over year.

Last month, I dived the Devil's Throat in Cozumel, which is a swim through that enters a limestone formation at 90 fsw and exits onto a wall at 130 fsw, then returns with an entrance at 120 fsw and exit at 80 fsw. Until I start diving with doubles and take deco procedures, this will likely be the deepest I dive.

While I've dived deeper since my original post, what hasn't changed is that I won't do a deep dive for no reason.

Hi folks, just joined the board. I did 2 deep dives in Roatan last May... the El Aguila and Odyssey wrecks at 120ft. Slowly working toward AOW.

140 feet in Jupiter's "Hole in the Wall" and in the house reef in Breezes Curacao to see a pile of scrapped stuff.

-J.-

103 in Lake Jocassee SC for my deep dive class cert.
and next to that deepest i went back to was 98...
just loooking around at Lake Thurmond and the items they
have down there to dive on

105 feet is my deepest and it was a wreck dive. Old WWII 2-engine seaplane wreck outside one of the airports in southern Norway.

111ft on scuba(training). I have to go with Mike on the other Greater than 400' and 63 days without surfacing (hows that for Bottom time) LOL.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom