• 180'

Votes: 14 10.4%
  • 218'

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • Above 1.6 ppO2

Votes: 2 1.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Choice of your diving "Peer Group" becomes very important once in to tech or Cave diving, as it ALSO is in Freediving as you begin to go for deeper than 100 foot freedives.
[/COLOR][/FONT]

That is good for a repeat, and I might add is quite important in recreational diving, as the line between rec and tech can be quite fuzzy.

When I did most of my "tech" diving, it didn't have a name so it was rec diving like everything else. The training I had, both informal and formal, emphasized self reliance, good decision making, and made clear the issues of deco and overhead and how to extricate yourself should you wander over the line inadvertently. With the gear available now, it is much easier to slide over the line, but the basic training relies on platitudes and reliance on authority figures. Pick the wrong authority figure or peer group and you could find yourself in a real jackpot.

Bob
-------------------
"the future is uncertain and the end is always near"
Jim Morrison

I think that advocating unsafe and dangerous practices is both stupid and foolish. That is why I don't tell people to do what I do. Dsix36

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom