How did Key Largo Fair?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mrs.Prages

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I hope you all have faired well. I hate to be the cold and unfeeling one who is totally self involved, but does anyone know the status of miami international and Ft Lauderdale airports and whether they'll be back to cap by tomorrow morning. Also is there any info on how Key Largo is looking.

Not that I am going to be showing up there tomorrow or anything and just selfishly want to know how my vacation is going to be, while you guys are worried about your livelihoods and the like.

Thanks for any info though

Paula

I posted this on another thread to try and keep the number of threads down, but I thought I had better not hijack someone else's thread that actually was concerned for other people and not just about someone's vacation.

Thanks again

The Weather tower on Molassas reef recorded sustaned winds of 53 with gust to 63 last night 2am. Down to the high 20's/low 30's now. I imagine vis is not going to be too good for a week at least.
I hope my camp site at America Outdoors is not under water.

Most of the damage was to trees as we got 60mph winds last night starting around midnight and lasted till 4AM. We also got a storm surge of about 3 feet.

I went down to our marina this morning and saw three boats that were knocked off there stands. All in all we were lucky and I haven't heard of any major damage to any buildings or businesses.

Our shop plans on diving Sunday afternoon or morning, but that depends on when Katrina will move out of the area. We're still getting 20+mph winds in the area with rain bands continuing to push through.

Good Diving,
Capt Gary

Life is good again in Key Largo. We ventured out this morning (for the first time in five days) and were rewarded with extremely favorable dive conditions... one foot seas, and ~60' of blue water at the Benwood Wreck and French Reef. We heard reports of 70' of viz and no current at the Spiegel Grove! Thank you Lord.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom