How did you discuss Tech Diving with your Spouse?

Have you discussed Technical diving with your significant other?

• I'm single for a reason!

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • No discussion

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • We argue every time I go

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • We discussed, the SO is not happy with my tech diving

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • We discussed and came to an agreement

Votes: 11 36.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It depends on what you are going to class as 'tech' diving. My other half trained as a sport diver years ago, and as such has done some short deco dives down to around 50m or so anyway, so has some idea what the risks are involved.
It was several years ago now, but at the time the wrecks were becoming deeper, we did sit down and discuss it, the risks and then topped up the insurance. When the kids were small I stayed relatively shallow.
The big debate came when I moved to a rb, 2 years ago, in the end we settled up and he got a new motorbike, so we're quits.
:)
If I'm doing a 50-60m plus dive, then I'll phone home once everyone is back on board, assuming we can get a signal - also means he's some idea when I'll be home. Anything over 80m and I'll mention it before we've confirmed the boat to see what he thinks - usually he just wants to see the video my buddy has taken afterwards.
Anyways, its gone 8, the sun is shining and my diluent still needs doing for todays dives
:mean:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom