How do I "bump" my post?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yodelhawk

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I made a post in the middle of the night last night and wanted to give it a bump because I think that the right folks may have missed it. When I posted again, it only edited the post and did not return it to the top of the "new" list. Can somebody please advise? Thanks...YH

What makes you think the "right folks missed it"?

Posted some pix of a couple of masks with intercom in them and was hoping that someone would be able to tell me a little about them. Got no hits, so I was trying to get it to the top of the list when the board was a little more active. Did not know I was doing anything wrong

I moved your post out of the marketplace forum (that's for selling stuff) and into the main vintage dive gear forum.

Oh, I left a mod post in the thread too, so it shows up on top. :D

Bumping threads is frowned on, and forbidden in classified and marketplace forums due to the amount of junk posts it produces.

TC, thanks for your help! I thought I had it in the
main vintage dive gear forum, but obviously got it wrong! I'm still trying to get a hang of the forum
:dork2:

TC, thanks for your help! I thought I had it in the
main vintage dive gear forum, but obviously got it wrong! I'm still trying to get a hang of the forum
:dork2:

Don't worry. About the time you begin to think you understand how things work here, they change, er improve, them. Keeps things interesting.

I think (but am not certain) that if you wait over 24 hours since your last post, your 'bump' might work. Bump things a lot and you will get yourself in trouble though. At the very least your posts will attract the kind of attention you do not want, if you are seen as blatantly hyping yourself.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom