How do I get my fiancee interested in scuba??... help!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bribery isn't going to do it.

I suggest moving on to "threatened implied infidelity".

Such as "There's this really cute blonde chick that recently started coming around the dive shop. I was helping her out of her wetsuit after a pool session and I happened to notice that she's got a body that would stop a freighter. She's going to be joining us on a group trip to the Caribbean next month. I'd ask you to come along, honey, but it's for DIVERS ONLY". Make sure you notify the dive shop owner that your wife might be calling to inquire about the group trip qualifications and to inform her of the next scheduled OW class.

I'm speechless...:shakehead::shakehead::shakehead:
Another reason why I am an avowed singlet.

just accept it. go out & do your own thing, have a standing offer to go snorkeling with her if you're on vacation, tell her once that you'd be thrilled if she ever decides to learn to scuba, and never ever push it.

Perfect advice from homegirl. Share your pictures and videos with her. You never know, she may come to it on her own at some point. Plan some vacations where both snorkeling and scuba are options.

Ask her to come along on a boat dive just for the ride. If she doesn't enjoy a day out on a boat, she will probably never enjoy diving.

Uh, not if they are in NC. Those boat rides will cure a lot of people of ANY desire to dive !

I'm speechless...:shakehead::shakehead::shakehead:
Another reason why I am an avowed singlet.

:rofl3: to your avowed singlet comment.

Not all men use ""threatened implied infidelity" to lie and manipulate the person they supposedly love. OP is in a newly engaged relationship so hope that honesty ranks high in the relationship. I know many honest men. :)

Not all men use ""threatened implied infidelity" to lie and manipulate the person they supposedly love. OP is in a newly engaged relationship so hope that honesty ranks high in the relationship. I know many honest men. :)

Oh!

The Op isn't even married yet, my apologies.

In which case...cancel the engagement. There's lots of single women out there, many of whom would love to share the great sport of diving with you. Some may already be certified.

I know many honest men. :)

I know many honest men too SS, but have some recent scars from one who was anything but. So I'll stay on the man wagon for a little while longer.

I hope the OP's soon to be wife gives it a shot at some point, it would be a really nice thing to share with a life partner. I've seen many couples who do a bit of diving together at the newer diver's level, and some separately where the comfort zones are different. But I will say that there are precious few women here in NC who care to dive on the wrecks.

I see that you are making a pilgrimage soon, who are you diving with?

I know many honest men too SS, but have some recent scars from one who was anything but. So I'll stay on the man wagon for a little while longer.

Why wait?

Life is short. If they're truly scars that you bear, time won't heal them..

Might as well jump right back in again.

But choose wisely based on your past mistakes.

I hope the OP's soon to be wife gives it a shot at some point, it would be a really nice thing to share with a life partner. I've seen many couples who do a bit of diving together at the newer diver's level, and some separately where the comfort zones are different. But I will say that there are precious few women here in NC who care to dive on the wrecks.

I see that you are making a pilgrimage soon, who are you diving with?

Sorry about your recent scars. :hugs: Understandable about the man wagon and am sure you'll be back on the market and quickly snatched up!!!!

We're diving and staying with Tortuga Charters, Capt. James, out of Morehead. It will be my first NC wreck trip so I am super excited about it. :yeahbaby:

Apologies to OP for hijacking your thread.

Why wait?

Life is short. If they're truly scars that you bear, time won't heal them..

Might as well jump right back in again.

But choose wisely based on your past mistakes.

Good point/advice idoc. I can truly say that I have always chosen good people in the past and the only surprises have been those things you only learn about a person over time or in specific conditions. Only once has my character radar failed me and it failed me completely. Getting off of the man wagon is more about learning to trust my own judgment about people again.

Back to the OP...good luck. Best wishes to you both.

Sorry about your recent scars. :hugs: Understandable about the man wagon and am sure you'll be back on the market and quickly snatched up!!!!

We're diving and staying with Tortuga Charters, Capt. James, out of Morehead. It will be my first NC wreck trip so I am super excited about it. :yeahbaby:

Apologies to OP for hijacking your thread.

Capt James is great,and you will have a good time. Check out his fancy new boat logo. I have a shack down there if you need any advice. When are you going to be here? Doing recreational profiles? I have some good videos of the Spar (shark fav) and 352 on Facebook, not that I know how to get them off of there to share them with you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom