How do I get to the Yukon?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zf2nt

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I'm going to be in San Diego October 29 - November 2 for a reunion event (my U.S. Marine Corps Officers Basic School class), and as soon as that event ends I would like to go diving. I just checked the web page for the Ruby E, which is the only boat there I know, and what they are offering that day doesn't sound interesting to me. I would like do the Yukon, and could even stay around for another couple of days if necessary, but now I'm at a total loss on how to set this up. My wife will be with me and she wants to go too. We both have many hundreds of dives in Monterey, so we are experienced cold water divers. Does anybody have any recommendations on how we can go do some wreck diving in San Diego starting on Sunday, November 2?

Bruce:

I'm partial to Waterhorse Charters and their boat, The Humboldt. Ryan and Anita will take good care of you. Tell them I sent you. ;-)

That said, the other dive boats down there have good reputations, too.

It doesn't look good, Waterhorse is doing Wrecks (not sure which ones) on the afternoon of the 1st but has nothing scheduled after that. Lois Ann either.

Check with Hydro Diver, they don't publish an online schedule. But they dive Wreck Alley.

Check with Marissa also - they don't list anything for Nov 2014 yet.

The two bigger boats - Horizon and Islander will be in Guadalupe by then cage diving with GWS.

Links to all are at the bottom here:

California Dive Boats : The Official Page

Ruby E. is the wreck right?

My guess is waterhorse will probably run a morning wreck dive on the first, and probably a morning and an afternoon on that Sunday, and it's just to early to list! A pretty typical combo is yukon/Ruby , don't discount the ruby, usually a lot more nudi's and a great macro dive, and small enough to see the whole thing! Greg is a great guy, shoot him an email, he is always prompt with his answers

Back
Top Bottom