How do I transfer videos to laptop?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverrick

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I took a couple of short videos with my Digital camera while I was on vacation, now I can't seem to find any way to get it out of the camera, and dowloaded into my file on my laptop. Any one have any ideas? Maybe I am missing software or something. I have never attempted to use the video function before, so it's all new to me.

The video should download with the photos. What program are you using to manage your pictures?

Diver Dennis is correct. There is nothing special to move it to your laptop. If you are running XP, simply plug the USB cable to your camera and laptop. The camera should open in it's own folder or you should be prompted as to what to do. Click and drag the files, including the movie file to you laptop desktop or where ever you want it placed.

Jeff

When you connect the camera to your PC with the USB cable, the camera becomes another drive. Just browse the drive, click and drag the video to your C drive. You don't need any special software.

I am using the default program that came with the camera. I thinnk its call picture wizard, or download wizard. It shows me all the pictures with a chek mark on each photo. It default to all checked. If I scroll down I don;t see the movies there at all, just the pix. If I turn on the camera, the movies are there in the file, but they don't show up when it is time to download them. Only the movies/videos are missing from the list of pixs.

Quite a few cameras like my Sony keep videos in a separate sub-directory, not together with the still pics.
Just go up and down the tree structure a little, you'll probably find them.

Not all cameras have the capability to act as an external USB drive. Another option might be to put your memory card into a card reader...then you will be able to see the card as an external drive and browse through it.

Your software may have some options on what to do with videos, or as miketsp stated, the vids may go to a separate directory.

If you can't figure it out, let us know exactly which camera you're using and we might be able to provide more specific help.

Have you checked your camera settings menu for the USB Mode in use?
There are apparently 3 options:
DSC causes the F810 to appear as a hard disk (Mass Storage).
Web cam is to use the F810 as a USB webcam*;
PictBridge is to print photos directly to a PictBridge compatible printer.
* Only available if the computer is running Windows XP with Service Pack 1, and with Windows Messenger 5.0 or above.

So it looks like you need to be in DSC mode.

diverrick:
I am using the default program that came with the camera. I thinnk its call picture wizard, or download wizard. It shows me all the pictures with a chek mark on each photo. It default to all checked. If I scroll down I don;t see the movies there at all, just the pix. If I turn on the camera, the movies are there in the file, but they don't show up when it is time to download them. Only the movies/videos are missing from the list of pixs.

If you're using the Finepix Viewer supplied with the camera it will probably only show you the photos.
You need to look at the external drive using an Explorer screen to see other files.

Back
Top Bottom