How do you clean urine from a wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vinegar (1/2 liters in 20-30 liters of water) and leave the suit for 24 hour there then take it out without rising and leave it outside for drying 3-4 days and is done. All things like algae, pee or whatever was there will be gone and no smell at all.

I don't urinate in my wetsuits. I just go immediately before and after the dive. I hold it for an hour to an hour and a half.

This is typically what I do also... but there was this one time... I just got back onto the boat and I had to go pretty bad, so I unzipped and started going over the side of the boat. Then another boat started to go by at a pretty close distance. I didn't really want to stop, so I just decided to give a big wave instead! :happywave:

we wash out our suits after each use in a fresh water tube using woolite or dawn dish soap..then i hang them to dry...while they are hanging i give them a spray with fabreeze anti bacterial and zap the order right out of them...

Just submerge the wetsuit in water for a half an hour after each dive session.
By the way if you have not urinated in your wetsuit on a cold day you are missing special!
Get Wet!

Vinegar (1/2 liters in 20-30 liters of water) and leave the suit for 24 hour there then take it out without rising and leave it outside for drying 3-4 days and is done. All things like algae, pee or whatever was there will be gone and no smell at all.

I'll second the vinegar solution; works great ( maybe a very slight vinegar smell until fully aired out ) and costs almost nothing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom