How do you disassemble and clean a zeagle inflator valve?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Freeflyer

Reaction score
Hi all,

last weekend the inflator valve on my zeagle ranger started sticking slightly open, meaning I had to vent air from the bc every few minutes during the dive. Back on the boat, I could hear the air getting in, and watch the bc inflate over a few minutes.

I've thoroughly soaked and cleaned the bc, but it's still doing it. I guess I need to open up the valve to check it and try to see what's causing the problem.

Can someone suggest the best way to go about this. There is a hex nut on the opposite side of the inflator to the white inflate button, would I remove this and get access to the valve.

I didn't want to start pulling it apart without getting some idea first. I'm pretty mechanically minded, but have just never disassembled one of these before.

And no, I can't take it a shop, we don't have any dive shops in Brunei. None at all.

Thanks for the help,

J.

I had the same problem a while back. Just unscrew the hex nut opposite of the button and the entire valve assembly comes out, no springs or ball checks will fly out. :) You can easily see it and clean it. Basically, its a plastic carrier assembly with a schrader valve mounted in it. The actual button will stay in the inflator. I found putting a little liquid silicon around the button and worked it in out out helped a lot. To reassemble, lube the Oring on the assembly and snug it tight, it's mostly plastic so go easy on the torque. It's really simple and there are no spring traps to worry about.....I have had more than one spring go flying across the room..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom