How Do You Do Pony?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A Kraken on the center post (manifold) of an old-style compact twin set, with reserve on one cylinder and a second post and valve on the other cylinder for maximum redundancy!
That would be the best....

Something like this? (Scanned from Springer, R.R. (1975). Skin & Scuba Diver's Digest, p. 69.)

rx7diver

SeamcoNemrod_Manifold_20230129.jpeg

Something like this? (Scanned from Springer, R.R. (1975). Skin & Scuba Diver's Digest, p. 69.)

rx7diver

View attachment 766844
No, that's too old...
I mean, each post with its own valve.
And spring-loaded reserve.
This is my Aralu twin tank:
s-l400.jpg

Here a detail of the double-post manifold:
s-l400.jpg

You can see the special spring-loaded reserve valve.
If you pull it before the reserve piston closes, nothing happens, and a spring pulls back the reserve valve into its original position.
So if you push the rod inadventertly, you do not risk to waste your reserve.
This is substantially the equivalent of a vintage Ferrari...
And, coming back on topic, here an Aralu twink tank with its optional 3-liters pony add-on:
353ffca8-1cb3-4033-9cec-92c1a57c5357

Now, let's dream how nice would be a Kraken with its red hoses installed on an Aralu twin tank with its red valves and boots.
A red Italo-American hybrid!
index.jpg

The title of this post came up in an email and the perverted part of my mind kicked in and saw "how do you do a pony?"-I laughed for a few minutes.

To answer the real question, I have an AL19 which I sling on the left side. It works for me. Being a recreational diver, I feel it is enough to get me out of any real trouble I can get in above 40m, or at least get me close enough to an emergency accent that I can make it back to that yucky unbottled air in an unbent state. Happy diving!

This is my Aralu twin tank:
s-l400.jpg
Those tank nets on the "twins" remind me of Jacquelin Bisset in "The Deep" !

... Now, let's dream how nice would be a Kraken with its red hoses installed on an Aralu twin tank with its red valves and boots.
A red Italo-American hybrid!
Awesome!! But, I think I prefer the bling of an old-school, chromed brass double-hose reg like a DA AM (mine has been Phoenix-ized) even on your neat Aralu doubles!

I know, I know. I'm so shallow.

rx7diver

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom