How do you feel about guaranteed to pass IE programs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thalassamania:
Why use a $5 tool when a $20 tool will do?

Why not just wing it? You know, go diving, if your expensive computer does not beep at you all is good right? Oh wait, you learned how to use an eRDP but you threw it in storage right after OW. So now you bought a dive computer but don't know how to use that either. Whatever....

neil:
... Enough of that. Although we all sort of accept what this means, it's still the dumbest comment that we ALL use. Let's stop, it's meaningless.
It is, what is really being said is that someone has a broad enough view to realize that there are more than a few completely unexplored corners vs. a very narrow view that does not reveal the dark corners or even the majority of the room.

RiverRat:
Why not just wing it? You know, go diving, if your expensive computer does not beep at you all is good right? Oh wait, you learned how to use an eRDP but you threw it in storage right after OW. So now you bought a dive computer but don't know how to use that either. Whatever....
I was being ironic (ok, sarcastic) but I'm not really sure what you were driving at.

Thalassamania:
I was being ironic (ok, sarcastic) but I'm not really sure what you were driving at.

I was being sarcastic. Not against you, agreeing with you I guess that use the $20.00 tool (eRDP?) and forget the $5 tables. I'm logging off now. I had a very tough day today and should not be on the internet :D Goodnight all

If someone knows where I can buy PADI tables for $5, I'll take a case.

As of March 1, the eRDP became required testing on the IE. So now everyone must know how to use all 3 forms of the RDP. Of course, once they're through the test who knows how many will ever use the table or wheel again....

:deadhorse:
For PADI bashing the thread "those considering OW..." and this as STICKY! (and the AOW needs it's own too):D

I find it a bit pathetic and immature to state up ones mind ALLWAYS in EVERY possibility:1poke: . Righ or wrong not so many cares anymore:sleeping_. I think there's 70 000 SB'rs today and maybe 20 of them have read this thread throw, and I think all of us could name 18 of them right now.

Oh dear Bob you should know better than making claims about the two best course directors in the world, Or is it three as your website said, having gone through the internship with you and having worked with many other course directors since. Are your course two directors the best in the world? NO they are not: They are good there is no doubt but not the best. As for the imaginary third course director I never once saw him. Does he actualy exist?

Colsom:
Oh dear Bob you should know better than making claims about the two best course directors in the world
Can't be, since I'm one of the two and whomever I'm speaking with is the other.:D

If that means if you pay your money, you will pass - I don't think it says a lot for the integrity of their program.

It seems to apply to the open water and advanced course so why should the IE be any different?

Guaranteed to pass is a nice marketing ploy, which will probably be fulfilled, every instructor who attends an IE should in effect have completed an IDC first with all the modules from the IE in that IDC (all be it slightly different theory exams, but the practical side of things is very similar) and have proven to the CD that they are able to take on an IE, my biggest beef is CD's who put people through for an IE when they are far from ready, (i have witnessed this personally) for example somebody who cannot complete the skills circuit which isnt hard because you have to do it for DM. The example i talk of actually happened while i was doing my IE, the PADI examiner should have also acted on the failed candidates Course Director and remonstrated with him that he was failing standards by putting through a guy who was obviously going to fail!

Back
Top Bottom