How do you find a dive buddy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Find it rather big to mount on the single on my back.
I just clip tight on my side as if I was side mounting it. Its nice in that position as you can reach the valve easy and take it on off whenever you want.

I just clip tight on my side as if I was side mounting it. Its nice in that position as you can reach the valve easy and take it on off whenever you want.
Yeah. Might give that a try at one point. For now I just like to keep my front clear. Especially as I just now am starting with drysuit.

What I've seen and I believe @SlugLife has seen far more often than me is that the larger "redundancy" tanks often get left on shore due to the hassle and inconvenience of them. A back mounted 13/19/30 is there and doesn't get in the way like a clipped off one may.

What I've seen and I believe @SlugLife has seen far more often than me is that the larger "redundancy" tanks often get left on shore due to the hassle and inconvenience of them. A back mounted 13/19/30 is there and doesn't get in the way like a clipped off one may.
I mean I can not talk about what others do but I am lazy as heck but have always drag it up and down any hill.

Also with that said its another reason I like it as I can unclip it take it down and then clip it on in the water since I also use it on a jacket BCD it makes it pull less…

Correct, I've ranted about people leaving their larger pony bottles at home several times. If your redundant air is convenient enough to always have it on you, that's far more important than having a much higher capacity you leave at home. (more info here)
I do also "SideMount" my pony-bottle, but I'm also a SM diver with a SM setup. If I went back to BM, I'd probably continue to rig my pony the same way, because I'm used to SM, and find it quick and easy to clip/unclip/etc, and it's streamlined.

As a side-note, I go back and forth between either 2x 80cu -vs- 1x 80cu & 1x 19cu. Passing a 19cu up a ladder, and then climbing with one tank is convenient. However, sometimes I just sidemount normally, which means one less piece of equipment on the boat.

There it is and I don't even know it's there

364 26232328_1795887217119559_5507116560859510058_oa.jpg

the inverted yellow 3 litre steel bottle at the bottom

Correct, I've ranted about people leaving their larger pony bottles at home several times. If your redundant air is convenient enough to always have it on you, that's far more important than having a much higher capacity you leave at home. (more info here)

I do also "SideMount" my pony-bottle, but I'm also a SM diver with a SM setup. If I went back to BM, I'd probably continue to rig my pony the same way, because I'm used to SM, and find it quick and easy to clip/unclip/etc, and it's streamlined.

As a side-note, I go back and forth between either 2x 80cu -vs- 1x 80cu & 1x 19cu. Passing a 19cu up a ladder, and then climbing with one tank is convenient. However, sometimes I just sidemount normally, which means one less piece of equipment on the boat.
I fill like the same ones who leave them at home still do it no matter the size. But if you are going deep 130+ you should not be that sort of person as then you are just playing with the Swiss cheese at that point.

I fill like the same ones who leave them at home still do it no matter the size. But if you are going deep 130+ you should not be that sort of person as then you are just playing with the Swiss cheese at that point.
You may be correct. I have spare pony-bottles, offer to let people carry them for redundant air, and people almost never take me up on the offer.

there is my yellow mate again, it keeps popping up whenever camera people chase me around

212 ZZ67388381829_n (4).jpg

alas no longer as I have retaken that jump to the left and returned to true solo no divers no mate

Back
Top Bottom