how do you find the cheapest airfare?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ellabella once bubbled...
Any hints for finding the cheapest tickets - not just for Christmas, but in general. Or do you who don't always have the means wait until cheap airfare becomes available and then plan trips around that. I have also done the all-inclusive deals in the past to Cozumel which was still cheaper than $650.

I've used http://www.hotwire.com with very good success. You won't know the the flight time or airline until you book it but the prices are pretty much rock bottom.

.. so you can find dirt cheap fares to CZM thru Funjet.

I have seen Funjet RT air only fares from DFW to CZM for $99.00

You can also find some dirt cheap fares on air/hotel packages from DFW to CZM on Funjet. Last January I did a trip from DFW to CZM... 4 days/ 3 nites air and hotel for $269.00 per person. Last summer I did a trip to CZM staying at Fiesta Americana (a 4 star hotel), 4 days/ 3 nites air and hotel for $299.00 pp... ya can't beat that with a stick! Thank you Funjet!

These deals are outta DFW, I don't know what the deals are like outta Houston.

Work for an Airline, we fly for free.:D

Scott

Dive Provo $95 round trip, first class, ID90.

Ya gotta love it.

Scott

Frequent Flier Miles.
Bonaire..roundtrip = $10.10

Although there is a cheaper way:

See the movie "Catch me if you can"...can't be beat.

If you book w/ Funjet, you can get transportation added into your package. Lomas Travel, their rep in CUN provides transportation south, past PDC where the ferry is.

I use Gocaribbeanwwte10.com or Cheapcaribbean.com

I checked the same deals from Newark, NJ to Coz vs FunJet for Dec 2-9

They were round trip air and Plaza Las Glorias 7 days for $668.98
FunJet wanted $902.00 for the same itinerary

Good luck

I've been told by the airlines that the reason the airfares are so much higher is because Houston is a major hub. They will fill the seats with folks coming from other places so they have no reason to lower the prices departin from Houston. Funjet occassionally will leave from Houston for a few weeks in the summer but other than that they fly mainly out of Dallas and San Antonio. We have very few charters out of Houston.

Regular airfair from Houston to Coz on Continental is around $800+ r/t. But if you can leave at short notice, Funjet out of Dallas/FW is your best bet.

The last 2 times I've been to Coz, I signed up with a dive shop as a non-diver to get the hotel/airfare package then made my own dive arrangements with the op of my choice. The whole package was way cheaper than just airfare alone.

Back
Top Bottom