how do you keep your pt?? lenses handy during a dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Abril

Contributor
Reaction score
I have a macro lense to go on my pt010 housing and it's really a pain to keep us with this thing. First I put it in it's little pouch it came with, then put it in my bcd pocket, then Id dig it out and screw it on and then I guess i didn't zip my pocket back all the way so I lost the pouch. Now im worried about scratching the lense. I know someone out there has this down to a science.
Is it just me or are these lenses not easily screwed on? Do they make a flip pannel where you can just flip in on and off the camera?

I use the GB Digital Lens Dock for my wide angle lens. That said, I don't think the macro lenses are thick enough to fit in it and still be able to grasp it for removal or for the leash to attach.

You might try the ZING neoprene pouch. Attached it to your BC instead of putting it in your pocket.

Dee:
I use the GB Digital Lens Dock for my wide angle lens. That said, I don't think the macro lenses are thick enough to fit in it and still be able to grasp it for removal or for the leash to attach.

Dee Does it just thread onto the dock just like it would the camera?

Abril:
Dee Does it just thread onto the dock just like it would the camera?

No, you set the lens into the DLD, there is a thumbscrew that tightens snugly against the thread of the lens, holding it in.

Dee, the gbundersea web site shows the DLD attached to a PT-010 housing. Where do you attach it to a PT-015? The location shown on the PT-010 won't work on the PT-015 because there are camera controls located there. It seems like the PT-015 has control buttons everywhere that you woudl consider attaching a DLD.

Back
Top Bottom