How do you make a bungee necklace out of tubing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

An alternative (although I'm about to make mine using cable ties like Rick's):

http://www.northeastdir.com/gearpage1.htm

Does anyone worry about redundancy for a broken bungee necklace underwater? I guess there are two options - carry a spare bungee in a pocket, or add a bolt snap to your backup reg's hose like a DIR primary reg's hose would have...

There is no stress on the bungee and according to DIR you check you gear from top to bottom before each and every dive. So if you spot a worn bungee, you replace it before the dive

ID

I have one of the previously shown necklace loops ready to go in my dive bag....

But I just put the ends of a loop of surgical tubing under the zip tie that holds the mouth piece on and cinch it down....

Partner uses 1/8" bungee the same way....

I just happen to have several hundred feet of surgical tubing in the shop so I try to find as many uses for it as I can....

Originally posted by buff
Rick-

What's the little thingy in the middle that the surgical tubing is attached to?
That's a rubber band made of bicycle tube. I use that rather than the surgical tubing to actually attach the reg. It is cut to a thickness that will not break with casual tugs, but is a breakway if it has to be. I use pieces of bicycle tube all over the place wherever I want a breakaway attachment that won't unless I really need it to.
Rick

Like UP, I have both ends of the bungies being held on by the mouthpiece zip tie. I also carry a necklace with a loop in my bag as a backup.

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom