How do you travel with your camera?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All my camera equipment on carry on roller bag....... except arm handle clamp, they goes into my dive gear bag.....

My girlfriend and I travelled to Lembeh recently, and used a 2-bag strategy where:

Bag 1 > Backpack > Regulators + laptop
Bag 2 > Small duffel bag > Camera in housing, strobe + arms, focus light

In Asia the weight restrictions are a bit harsher than in North America/International, and with this setup I look like i have small bags so i wasn't stopped by Singapore Airlines (who scrutinise about this stuff) to weigh the bags. I figure if the bag looks bigger, they have more intuition to want to weigh it whereas if I have 2 small bags the backpack isn't considered the carry on and if they really wanted to weigh the duffel it would be close to the 7kg mark (with 2 cameras in FIX housings and 3 strobes).

Anyways, i think form factor, weight and carriage style will influence your pick - I was fine to carry around the duffel, easiest when slinged over opposite shoulder properly.

Yes, this is exactly what I run into with EVA airlines on the way to Manila. I finally used your approach as well. I have a sling bag that doesn't have much padding (smaller size) which i put camera, strobe, dive computer etc. - it's heavy but looks small. Another small light nylon back pack for regulator, uw housing and a small stuff sack of clothes to cushion the bottom. I check on everything else including strobe arms which keeps check in around 45 lbs. If I have to I can get the regulator into the check on.

Cameras, housings, strobes, arms (two each), batteries, chargers... in Storm iM2500 carryon. Laptop, external backup hard drive, regs, computers, video camera, iPOD, book, cell phone... in a Mountainsmith Spectrum back pack. It's a pretty small pack but it's really well laid out and holds a ton of stuff.

Very good question! I used to put my camera inside the casing to minimize space and then keep it in the clothing bd between towels. I finally saved enough money to buy a camera and casing bag.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom