How do you turn off Oceanic Geo 2.0

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chavodel8en

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I can't find the answer in the manual. I figure I will save battery life. Have no idea how. Thanks

It's a watch in addition to being a computer. I don't think OFF is an option. I change batteries less than once a year. Not a big deal.

Thanks I was wondering if that was it. Still, I would have liked to turn it off -- and maybe change the battery every couple of years.

Hey Chavodel8en,

The annual battery service kit for the GEO 2.0 is about $22. Plus the battery is user replaceable. If you're worried about the battery eventually dying on you on a dive there is a low battery indicator on the GEO that will give you plenty of advanced notice. If you keep a service kit handy for when that low battery signal flashes you can switch out the battery before your next dive.

-Mike

If it's the same as my 100 It is a common battery from the drug store "cr3925" or something like that. It also does a hot swap. If you can swap it in like 5 seconds or something there is no data loss. It should be user replacable and pretty simple. You will find directions in the manual. Be careful that the seal is correct so you don't flood it.

As far as turning it off. You do that by throwing it in your bag and waiting a couple hours.

The GEO 2.0 will still retain settings and logs without needing a "hot swap." The battery can be changed at a leisurely pace :D

Also, the battery is a CR2430 and you can pick these up at any radio shack or CVS, but the kit comes with an essential o-ring that is wise to replace on a yearly basis with the battery.

-Mike

Thanks I was wondering if that was it. Still, I would have liked to turn it off -- and maybe change the battery every couple of years.

Take the battery out and it will turn off. How much power are you really going to save? And when you got it wasn't off any way it was running in sleep mode.

Back
Top Bottom