How does Bühlmann group body tissues into 16 compartments in his ZHL-16?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

YuchenEasonJiang

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Does anyone know how Bühlmann divided tissues in his ZHL-16 model? I've seen how he made it in ZHL-8 as follows. And I did see people group tissues in ZHL-16 as follows. But I'd like to know how exactly Bühlmann made them into 16 compartments. Also, there's people saying that blood itself is a compartment in ZHL-16.
Is there any reliable resources for exact compartments of tissues in ZHL-16? Can someone help?
1665411213441.png
1665411245783.png
1665411266917.png
1665411345357.png

The following can be found on page 3-4 of "Decompression Theory: An Explanation of Professor A.A. Buehlmann's ZH-L16 Algorithm" by Paul Chapman.

For his ZH-L16 algorithm Buehlmann chose to split the body into 16 tissues and give them a range of half-times, from several minutes to several hours. It is important to remember that these tissues do not represent any specific real tissues in the body and the half-times are simply chosen to give a representative spread of likely values. They do not represent actual tissues, or the actual half-times for any particular tissue. For this reason the often-used description of the 16 sections as tissues is confusing and they will be referred to in future as compartments. Buehlmann named his algorithm from Zurich (ZH), limits (L) and the number of M-value sets (16).​

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom