How early do you start your season?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Intro is a pre-req for Tech1 anyway, and having taken intro with Matt last year, I can tell you that you wont regret it. It'll definetly help get you squared away with your doubles. I'm all for doing some training dives, since I'm coming out of intro and into Tech 1. Just let me know when and where.

Intro is a pre-req for Tech1 anyway, and having taken intro with Matt last year, I can tell you that you wont regret it. It'll definetly help get you squared away with your doubles. I'm all for doing some training dives, since I'm coming out of intro and into Tech 1. Just let me know when and where.

well I am ready as soon as you can get a charter together, or when your heading out next. I have been shore diving right up untill last weekend. Today would have been a great day but couldn't get ahold on anyone. So YES anytime your ready just let me know, i will PM you my number and email addy. I appreciate the offer!

Rob

To the OP: January 1.

Hi Jason, we dont really stop diving, it just slows down quite a bit in the winter. Sadly for us, there aren't many good shore dive spots in our area. I go to St Catherines sometimes, or to the Waterford Ponds, but there isn't a lot to see in there. My dive shop (Scuba Plus in Simcoe) does an annual ice dive in the Waterford Ponds if that is something you are interested in. Otherwise, we try to get our charter boat in the water by April, and get the wrecks marked with buoys for the season.

If you are ever looking for a dive buddy in the area, let me know, and I hope you'll be out on Scuba Plus' charter boat in Lake Erie this summer. We've got tons of wrecks to dive.

Cheers,
Jim

Hello Jimmer
Can you give me directions to dive Waterford Ponds?

Here in Toronto it is two words: Humber Bay :) For some reason it never ices over and the visibility is AMAZING through the winter (over 100' at times). My son and I dove there on Sunday...a little "fresh" at 36 degrees but 50' of vis!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom