• 2-3 hours

Votes: 39 21.8%
  • 3-4 hours

Votes: 20 11.2%
  • more than 4 hours

Votes: 89 49.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Quest once bubbled...
Lucky for me i now live in south florida with an average drive of 30min to the beach and 1hr to key largo or 2.5 hrs to the nearest spring.

Don't ya love it. :D

I just noticed your location - welcome neighbor. I live in Coral Springs as well.

Marc :jester:

I am very fortunate to live close to the beautiful Pacific Ocean. I can get to the local dive spots in about half an hour. Anywhere from San Diego CA to Santa Barbara CA in a couple of hours. I take advantage of it every weekend.:) :)

etowndiver once bubbled...
How far will you drive to do a shore dive (1 tank per dive, about 30 to 40 feet of water). Just for the sake of consistancy assume 2 dives during the day, and that you will be driving home after the second dive.

joe

I drove from East Tennessee to NYC to shore dive under the Marine Parkway Bridge. 1 dive, 30fsw. It was 11 hrs one way, but we did stay overnight.

I drove from Gatlinburg to Gilboa, dove all day, and drove home, about 26 hrs total, but I wouldn't make a habit of it.

The farthest I -routinely- drive to day-dive is about 4 hrs each way (Nashville).

etowndiver once bubbled...
How far will you drive to do a shore dive (1 tank per dive, about 30 to 40 feet of water).

Hmmm... I'm not sure there is anywhere I could drive that doesn't also have significantly more opportunities to it than just that.

It's pretty much a 3hr drive from here to anywhere with any diving at all (4-5 to Tobermory, 3 to Kingston, 2-3 to Sarnia), but once you get there, you can do a lot more than just simple shore dives.

Usually we'll go up for to Toby for a full weekend though, and add some camping/hiking in to the mix.

Jamie

Well lets see, before i moved it was 15 min to Laguna Beach.

Now I drive to La Jolla, its 65 miles each way which i do 3 weekends a month. I would drive to Ventura or Santa Barbara so i would say 3.5 hrs

Andy

lake to get there in about 2 hours each way. If a place to dive was farther than that, I would probably get up earlier in the morning to be able to get there and dive. I'm pretty much an addict, so I would push the driving limits as much as I could to get wet. LOl

I can travel for hours... it doesn't matter!!!
I was living in Caracas-Venezuela three year ago, and I used to dive in Puerto La Cruz-Venezuela. About 500Km to go and 500Km to go back...
Now I'm living in Madird-Spain, and almost the same situation, the cost is about 500Km, but It wount stop me at all....

Dude....

You live in Madrid.

I have NO sympathy :)

Back
Top Bottom