How flexible should you be in a drysuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So even when you are not in the water, you have trouble making a figure 4 to put your fins on?

If that is the case, that sounds like a bit too small of a suit.

Please tell me you have spring straps......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So even when you are not in the water, you have trouble making a figure 4 to put your fins on?

If that is the case, that sounds like a bit too small of a suit.

The suit is too long and I have those straps that you put over your heel to keep the boot part up at your foot.

If I use other underwear besides my highloft, I have more decent range of motion.

---------- Post added October 13th, 2015 at 09:55 AM ----------

Please tell me you have spring straps......

I have spring straps. I really do.

If you're a fatty it might help to loose a few pounds (Kg). They also make different size spring straps that may help.

I could stand to loose a few lbs. Having said that, I am not that bad. The problem is not the straps. The problem is getting my hand close enough to my foot to be able to get my finds on and off.

I ask my wife to please help me put the fins on. She only tilted me over into the water once.

I don't look graceful but getting the toe into the fin and then a pull on the spring is the trick, let your body float and flounder.

I could stand to loose a few lbs. Having said that, I am not that bad. The problem is not the straps. The problem is getting my hand close enough to my foot to be able to get my finds on and off.

I have a Bare crushed neoprene dry suit (an XCS 2). Geared up for water in the high 30s, I don't have any trouble at all putting my fins on. My suit feels like it I am only slightly constrained for ANY type of movement compared to wearing a wetsuit. Reaching my valves is only a little tougher, compared to being in my 3/2 wetsuit. That makes me think you really just need a better fit (whether the issue is the suit or your undies, I have no idea, though). Seems like you could try it on land, with no or minimal undies to tell where the problem is.

I do the same, I float on my back to put fins on, it's easier to move feet closer to hands.

Likewise I always float on my back to put fins on - far easier to manoeuvre into the right positions for it than kneeling.

I don't think it is possible to look graceful while donning fins!

Back
Top Bottom