How good is this End All Beat All reg package from Scubatoys?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Love ScubaToys, but would look at other components personally. I hit the Used section of their site often and I bet the local store is even better for great deals. They regularly have crazy good prices on top of the line gear in there. I bought a package there last year of my own making which included a BPW Oxycheq setup, Zeagle Flathead VI/ZX Octo and several other goodies to round it out and I paid about what they are listing this package for.

Let me see if I can do better... If I can't, at least you won't be left with stuff that you won't have any need for or won't know how to get rid of.

BCD:
Zeagle Express Tech BCD You should be able to swap out the 24lbs wing for a 35lbs wing. $184.95 maybe $200+ for the upgrade.

Regs:
HOG Explorer Cold Water First Stage $150
HOG Explorer Second Stage 2 pieces one for primary another for octo $220.

SPG:
HOG Extreme SPG 2.5" Black Face $60

Computers are very individual and depending on how far you intend to pursue your diving and can range from $1,500 VR3/Shearwater Predator/Liquivision X1 to something as affordable as a uwatech 330g digital depth gauge.

However, you could also just get the Oceanic Veo 100 NX Nitrox Wrist Computer as a wrist mount:
Oceanic Veo 100 NX Nitrox Wrist Computer reviews and discounts, Oceanic $175

TSandM gave me some great advice n I personally decided to get the UWATEC Aladin Tec 2G.

Bag:
I rather not get the XS Scuba Wheeled Mesh Backpack as it doesn't look sturdy enough n looks like the base will drag on the ground if you pack it full.

I rather just get a proper mesh backpack like this:
Stahlsac WD14 Panama Mesh Backpack $30

Let's see... $820 - $835.

SangP

thoughts on the bag ... while that stahlsac looks like a good deal. it also looks like a wheeled dufflebag with small wheels and no hard bottom
... the XS Scuba backpack has large wheels, partial hard bottom, (have carried weights in it) stainless hardware, and has lasted me for several years/trips so far ... after using it, wouldn't want something less than that now ... XS Scuba Wheeled Mesh Backpack reviews and discounts, XS Scuba

All this is OK, but not what I'd spend my 850 on.....------

Thanks everyone for all the comments and advice! I really do appreciate it!

I posted a dive report from my trip on this thread.

All the gear was scuba pro, reg, octo, and bc. Mask and fins were snorkel pro. On my first dive my mask fit fine even with my mustache, but my reg was a bit harder to breathe than on the second. I had some mask issues on the second dive, same exact model but go figure. I dove with two 5#ers on a weight belt and had very little trouble finding neutral buoyancy with the traditional jacket style BC. The reg was not that comfortable but fine for a resort set. I can see why I should have at least gone ahead and purchased my personal gear and brought it with me as I could have been much more comfortable with my own mask and fins!

Gear Pics:

My general consensus on gear is to keep trying out stuff and I will wait to purchase anything until after I have my OW at least and maybe even after a few more dives on resort / rented gear.

Thanks very much again to all that have contributed to this thread!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom