How heavy is the Ranger Ltd?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eskasi

Contributor
Reaction score
I am thinking of trying out a Back inflate....using a Jacket Seaquest Pro Unlimited now.

My concerns are now weight for travel reasons. My gears weighs a lot in total and I have narrowed down the culprits as my BCD, Fins and the carry bag itself!

So, How heavy is the Ranger Ltd and are there better options around?

I will try out a Backinflate as a rental on my upcoming dive vacation as long as the waters are not rough. My OW dives in Miami is the reason I stuck to a jacket as a first purchase. I am not too worried about face planting....but at that time in those waters/swell, getting slammed on the ladder like a rag doll and still getting water sloshed over my mouth while riding real high using a jacket got me worried.

I am sure I will overcome this concern after much more experience and focus on the comfort underwater. As such, any advice on the ULTIMATE Back Inflate and how much that would weigh? Keep in mind I would like the option of twin tanks in the future so little travel versions like the Escape may not be suitable...

PS. This is not a comparison on which is better. I would just like to know what each person thinks is best and how much it weighs!

I dont't dive the Ranger, but for what it's worth, my Tech is 8 pounds. This includes shears, knife and the empty weight pouches.

Back
Top Bottom