How is the West Coast Explorer Liveaboard in Thailand?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BikerManiac

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anybody have feedback on the West Coast Explorer or the Le Mahe? A friend and I are planning on going to this "budget" liveaboard on Similan Island.

Anybody have recommendations?

We are booking it with Sunrise Divers in Phuket. Are they any good?

Thanks

Hi Biker,

I can recommend both boats and can say you will be well looked after by Sunrise Divers too. They are quite different boats. Le Mahe takes less divers (12 compared to 16) and has cabins with en suite bathrooms. Has double beds too (not sure what you need). The trade off is that it is a small boat. Not much room to stretch out. Explorer is bigger and has more deck space, all cabins are twin bunk with shared bathroom. Explorer tends to get more of a young single crowd. Le Mahe (with the double beds) gets more couples and CAN be a little less sociable as the couples head off to their cabins to watch a DVD (oh yes, theres a DVD and TV in every cabin)..

Have a good trip!

Thank you!!,

We chose the LE Mahe. I would rather watch a DVD than to socialize with KIDS. :)

Back
Top Bottom