How long ahead of time do you usually book your dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

luk

Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to Kona next week. It will be my first time there.
When you dive in Hawaii (or Kona), how many day ahead of time do you usually book your dives?
Thanks

Depends on if your dead set on what operator you want to go out with. If your flexible with which shop, it won't matter much. Are you waiting to reserve for a reason, are you renting gear? If the boat is full, just rent some tanks and enjoy the great shore diving. I really enjoyed the diving with KDC last time, but the next time beside a 3-tank long range, I will shore dive exclusively. Heck just outside the boat harbor is a good shore dive.

I book my charters pretty soon after booking my trip. I want specific charter days with a certain operator, so by booking months in advance, I'm guaranteed to get my dives.

Hawaii in the winter months... I'd do it now to guarantee the dives/days you want. All the operators leave from the above mentioned Honokahau harbor so pick one that offers what you're looking for in an operator. I second the Kona Dive Company recommendation also - they have a nice powered catamaran

The sooner the better.... and set up your dives for early in your trip, not the last day or two... You want to be able to take advantage of the best weather you can get. It can go from great to awful to great again in a very short time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom