How many dives at Cabo Pulmo in Baja? And in July?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alekmarko

New
Reaction score
We're looking to go to Cabo Pulmo in Baja in July to check out the new-ish marine park they have there. Has anybody done it recently - all the posts seem to be multiple years old? How many days of diving can you really do there (at 3-4 tanks per day) before you've done it all? If we've got a week to spend on diving, should we split our time between Cabo Pulmo and Cabo San Lucas or just settle down and do it in one place?

Plus I've seen mixed comments about what the conditions, specifically visibility, might be like that time of year? Should we skip it and wait for a better time of year?

We've been diving the Caribbean for a bunch of years. The big objective on this trip is to see something *big* underwater, but without the overhead of heading to the Galapagos (life is too busy for some...)

Hola !

July is a good time to visit Baja Sur, if you don't mind the high temperatures.... Conditions in Cabo Pulmo change all the time, and it's really hard to say in advance what are going to be the viz for this time of the year. Most of the time, it's good, but if you can choose to visit the area in october and november, until early december, you will find the best dive conditions in Baja California Sur.

In Cabo Pulmo, you can spend 5 days diving, there are about 12 dive sites to discover. But my recommendation would be to dive 4 or 5 days in Cabo Pulmo and a couple of days in La Paz. It's a very good combination of dives, and you will get to see the best of Baja California Sur, between the marine park of Cabo Pulmo and isla espiritu santo in la paz, which just by itself deserves a visit. Absolutely splendid island...

I run dive tours in Cabo Pulmo, specialized in small groups of divers, with trip extensions to La Paz. This is my webpage.

Cabo Pulmo diving - Dive trips in Baja California Sur

Thierry

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom