• 2 per year

Votes: 12 5.7%
  • 6 per year. One every second month.

Votes: 13 6.1%
  • 12 per year. One every month.

Votes: 10 4.7%
  • 1 every week

Votes: 25 11.8%
  • I don't care and believe that shark finning or culling is morally wrong.

Votes: 89 42.0%
  • I find this poll disturbing and hopelessly flawed.

Votes: 61 28.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stewart . . . Guess you've not been that close.

Hank, how many peopleodo you think were boogie boarding in 1950. . .1977 . . . compared to these days. Ya it was the 8 footers that brought it on after the"culling" .

Last edited:
But if you aren't fatally wounded . . .what if all that happens is that the shark approaches you, makes you soil yourself as you think it might be your last moment . .. but it isn't. Just an extraordinary experience that you desire to have again and again and again and. . . .
I wonder if a Warhammer moment would attract a shark... The fish in my aquarium always have to give the other fellow's poo a quick nibble....

And tilapia are used un trout farms to clean the water from trout ponds....

Last edited:
How many fatal shark attacks ....

Sorry about not bothering to vote or even really read the thread but to be perfectly honest the only fatal Shark attack that would really deter me would be the one that got me. (I wonder how many people above me said exactly the same thing?)

uploadfromtaptalk1392989860359.jpg

My response:
Sharks? Where? Grab the camera! :uwphotographer:

I took this GWS photo in Guadalupe.
1150677_531641130224184_487765237_o.jpg

And this one at Tiger Beach. :yeahbaby:
902714_482687981786166_24833574_o.jpg

Happy Diving!
Elena

Last edited:
Doesn't say that. Just says he was descending down the anchor line. Could have been 2nd dive. After a catch drop off etc etc

So?

I'd call it clutching a crayfish feelers. I suppose you think the shark mistook him for a crayfish.

Nearsighted one could have. His backyard, his rules, his right to make a mistake. Stuff happens. No reason to cull or even kill one.

Last edited:
This is a purely imaginary script. Names have been changed to protect the guilty.

Foxtroll: "I'm starting a poll to justify shark killing as a means of increasing tourism in Western Australia. No option will be given to those that disagree with my premise that sharks are frightening killers that need to be slaughtered"

SB members: "We don't like this poll or your methods"

Foxtroll: "But Sharks are dangerous man-eating killers"

SB members: " We don't care"

Foxtroll: "But they REALLY are dangerous"

SB Members: "We don't care"

Foxtroll: "You should care"

SB members: ''We really don't"

Foxtroll: "Please agree with me"

SB members: "No"

Foxtroll: "I insist"

SB Members: "Go away"

Foxtroll: "No, this torture will continue until someone agrees with me. Nah nah nah".

SB members: "Bug off"

Foxtroll: "Thousands of divers have been ripped to shreds by hungry man eating sharks. Their survivors are clamoring in my office seeking revenge".

SB members: "We don't believe you and we don't care"

Ad infinitum.

This is a purely imaginary script. Names have been changed to protect the guilty.

Foxtroll: "I'm starting a poll to justify shark killing as a means of increasing tourism in Western Australia. No option will be given to those that disagree with my premise that sharks are frightening killers that need to be slaughtered"

SB members: "We don't like this poll or your methods"

Foxtroll: "But Sharks are dangerous man-eating killers"

SB members: " We don't care"

Foxtroll: "But they REALLY are dangerous"

SB Members: "We don't care"

Foxtroll: "You should care"

SB members: ''We really don't"

Foxtroll: "Please agree with me"

SB members: "No"

Foxtroll: "I insist"

SB Members: "Go away"

Foxtroll: "No, this torture will continue until someone agrees with me. Nah nah nah".

SB members: "Bug off"

Foxtroll: "Thousands of divers have been ripped to shreds by hungry man eating sharks. Their survivors are clamoring in my office seeking revenge".

SB members: "We don't believe you and we don't care"

Ad infinitum.

SB Members: "If their relatives were dumb enough to get eaten be glad the gene pool has been improved a bit and overall family IQ raised!"

I reiterated this for those who failed to pick up that post #49 was hypothetical and then obviously didn't understand my clarification in #59. I can tolerate people calling me a liar. Thinking I'm a government official is another matter... :D

So. . . just for the record here is what you said in post #49:

So far we've got a bunch of suicidal divers champing at the bit to jump into an ocean teaming with man-eating sharks. Last week seven people got killed in shark attacks and I'm the government official charged with sorting out the mess. I've got an office full of grieving family members furious about the governments lack of action. Culling would be a very attractive option. Just as well that wasn't what I was angling for.

And so FauxFish, I stand by my characterization. It looks like a duck, it walks like a duck and it is a duck. . .

rulings%2Ftom-pantsonfire.gif

Many of you who are enjoying this thread should go look up some older ones by a fellow who called himself Pilot Fish ... the more I read Foxfish's posts, the more he reminds me of Pilot Fish.

Pilot Fish's posts were often lively and entertaining ... and controversial. I miss the guy, really. And that's why whenever Foxfish creates a new thread, I tend to follow it. I almost always disagree with his premise, but he never fails to entertain ... :wink:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom