How many on a dive boat normally ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Depends some on the location ...

In Cozumel, which is practically "American" in terms of the diving, lots of six-packs, since there is seldom really serious chop, and the operators profit from being able to buzz to the far southern or northern sites quickly.

US coastal waters, different story. A boat has to be substantial enough to deal with the sea conditions, which lends itself to more bodies.

It would be nice if one could know this in advance. Some concessionaires will tell you- "no mre than 12 divers" Others have large boats and can take 30 divers, but usually have less. My wife and I hafve had scores of dives on small boats where we were the only ones on board. Based upon 100+ dives on Maui boats, I can tell you the average there has been 12. In Florida on 60+ Keys boat dives, the average was higher-16.
DivemasterDennis

The biggest dive boat I've seen in America, okay California, is around 85-ft long and 30-ft wide.

Most seem to average around 60-ft. Some are smaller. So, averagely speaking, probably around 20-something divers.

there definitely is no general rule to say how many divers will be on the boat. been on a boat from 3 up to 25 divers... always depends on the sze of the boat. ;-)

Back
Top Bottom