How much of your gear do you carry on?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I always wear my B/C (other folks wear coats...that's my coat) I put it in the tray with my shoes..It fits in the overhead, my carry on is on rollers..easy roll for plane changes, and fits in the overhead.. has my regs in it, favorite mask, wetsuit..a full size pillow straps in on top...I use a lap-top back pack, plenty of room fot the lap top and for stuff I want ready access to..passport. Credit cards, cash, aluminum water bottle..ect..and fits under the seat...Yes, I've been culled from the line...because I wear a brace for walkin' (Only once did somebody ask about the B/C..a brave little lady asked if it was a inflight jump jacket, during a plane change in Dallas,could have been struck by lightin' right then, cause I said yes)

Passport, reg/octo/ computer, log book, mask/ snorkel, and maybe the BCD goes with me into the plane. Everything else goes in the belly of the plane.

Everything. But on return form Cozumel over Christmas (bomber scare) our thin spanner wrenches (for rugulators) were siezed. Also, Our wrench for the battery compartment on our dive computers (Aeris Manta/Oceanic GEO) raised eyebrows but I talked TAS out of it in broken Spanish.

I carry-on regulator, wrist compass, computers, mask and snorkel (in case of plane crash :) ).

ScubaMama mentioned wearing a BCD as a jacket. I like this idea - I am going to seriously think about it (I'd better remember to remove the ocean/waterproof flares :) ).

I always wear my B/C (other folks wear coats...that's my coat) I put it in the tray with my shoes..It fits in the overhead,

LOL, i'm not sure I can be this daring...you seriously wear your BC through security? I would think the BCD is bound to raise some red flags with hoses and strange valves it's going to make people around you nervous... no? The TSA says it's allowed but i'm just saying it looks like you have some kind of "device" on you :shocked2:

K374...Used to travel to dive destinations all the time (before I dove for a living) now I travel between..Oahu and Miami all the time..only flew back to Miami, Dec 8th..many plane changes (cheap flights) and no...never had a problem with wearin' the B/C...Only hose on the jacket style B/C is the inflater..(I've worn a double bladder wing set too) ..I don't care what I look like..all these years of travel, only asked once, by a passenger, if I was wearin' a jump jacket...most folks pretend not to look..TSA has a thing about the lap top computer (gotta take it out of the case) and no pointed things(like a knife,nail file..etc..) and liquids..I carry an aluminum water bottle(empty) then after checkpoint...just fill it at the nearest water fountain and use a packet of flavor..( I will NOT pay 3 bucks for a $1 bottle of water) that tiny cup of water you get on the plane is just wrong!

Just to add, I do keep gear at both houses.. this one favorite jacket B/C..(DIVA LXT) was discontinued...haven't found another favorite (yet)..the regs I carry are the ones I get serviced here at work in the Keys..

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom