Question How old are you and how long certified? Poll- please take part!

How old are you and how long certified?

• 10-18

Votes: 13 1.3%
  • 19-29

Votes: 81 8.4%
  • 30-39

Votes: 153 15.8%
  • 40-49

Votes: 199 20.5%
  • 50-59

Votes: 231 23.8%
  • 60-69

Votes: 213 22.0%
  • 70-79

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 80-89

Votes: 6 0.6%
  • 90 and over

Votes: 1 0.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mid-50s, certified in the late 80s, stopped logging dives when I hit a 1000. Instructor for a little while in a previous life. Long hiatus after entering a long-term partnership with a non-diver but recently resolved that issue and am on my way to blowing more bubbles on a regular basis…. 😉

I am 69, took my first scuba class in 1966 and was certified in 1968. Instructor said I was too little or too young or something like that as an excuse. I bought my own equipment and began diving right away, mostly solo beneath my parent's boat.

67, certified for 25 years. Been diving regularly (if not always frequently), other than the year I got married (just a little too busy). Even managed some diving in 2020 (a week before everything shut down) and 2021 (driving up to the Straits of Mackinac).

Debating a trip to Beaver Lake for snorkeling to start a new chapter in my diving legacy.

58, Certified at the beginning of the year, should round off this first year with about 70 dives. I came to this late (regretfull), I guess life got in the way. Now with a little more free time, the warmer waters of the Caribbean Sea It’s easier to fit in the diving. I’m not sure how these old bones will adapt to cold water diving, I may need to go dry….. ;-)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom