Question How old are you and how long certified? Poll- please take part!

How old are you and how long certified?

• 10-18

Votes: 13 1.3%
  • 19-29

Votes: 81 8.4%
  • 30-39

Votes: 153 15.8%
  • 40-49

Votes: 199 20.5%
  • 50-59

Votes: 231 23.8%
  • 60-69

Votes: 213 22.0%
  • 70-79

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 80-89

Votes: 6 0.6%
  • 90 and over

Votes: 1 0.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Health reasons I suspect, you have 2 years on me, and I have been diving one year longer , 1968 , 55 years last month.
I will give it up when "the wheels finally fall off" , so to speak.
While my health is good I keep diving.
I bet you are in better nick than some of 'tubs of lard' I see now days, not all , but a hell a lot more than when we started, what are they feeding them?
Keep going while you can Kiwi cousin.
Us old farts can rant and get away with it, as no F@#$@ are given. :thumb:
“What are they feeding them”?
A lot of processed food in excess. Fast food-the dollar menu (or whatever it is now) at just about any fast food chain. Instead of having a beer or two of good quality they down a 6 pack or 30 of cheap light beer.
Too much starch, wheat products, the wrong fats.
Portions are huge. Lack of fresh simple foods, everything needs to have a lot of salt sugar and fat to taste good.
Lack of regular exercise and walking. Too much stress chasing $$ and some unachievable rich way of life that is nothing more than a ghost for many which leads to excessive cortisol levels and very unhealthy thinking. A lot of people counter that stress and sooth themselves with a lot of heavy comfort foods. I’m sure there’s a million more reasons but that’s a start.

yeah hard to understand should have said diving for 53 years -age72

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom