Question How old are you and how long certified? Poll- please take part!

How old are you and how long certified?

• 10-18

Votes: 13 1.3%
  • 19-29

Votes: 81 8.4%
  • 30-39

Votes: 153 15.8%
  • 40-49

Votes: 199 20.5%
  • 50-59

Votes: 231 23.8%
  • 60-69

Votes: 213 22.0%
  • 70-79

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 80-89

Votes: 6 0.6%
  • 90 and over

Votes: 1 0.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Started diving circa 1973 and certified in 1984 (long course, it was NAUI:) )

Earned my NAUI instructor certification in 1987. NAUI IT in 1989 and NAUI CD in 1990.

Diving mostly in Libya and North East USA (I love diving in Cape Ann and RI). I have also had the chance to dive around the world usually leading groups when I owned my dive center in NY.

Active diving doing mostly underwater photography, some spearfishing (I suck at it), hunting for wrecks and underwater antiquities and helping in some archeological work. I teach diving on on/off basis.

Age: Younger people are starting to give me their seat on the bus now.

49 this year. Certified in the 1900’s... '89 in be exact. Somewhere north of 1100 dives but not sure the exact number, hurricane took the log book and I have just been to lazy to start a new one.

48 this year. Start diving in 2007, never been certified, never count dives, but due to i am "weekend diver", can estimate somewhat near 500 dives. And last, but not least... Rebreathers only, dived OC once or twice, and think it's FUBAR after rebreathers.

PS Think this poll is silly. Two questions - "How old are you and how long certified?" but only one answer.
Topic starter must set two answers, but...

52. Certified in 1996 on holiday in Thailand. Holiday diver for a few years, did my AOW in 98 in the UK and only dived a handful of times for the next 10 years or so.

A couple of friends got into diving and we started diving in the UK on a regular basis.

I joined a club 5 years ago after my friends stopped diving and have dived more since then than in the previous 20 years, mostly in the UK. Just done CCR MOD 2 and have 450 - 500 dives.

Agreed!

38, 150ish, cert in 2016 or 17. Really only started taking off in the last 2-3 years.
Are you me?

37, 110ish dives. Cert in 2014 but only got serious about it in the last 3-4 years. Getting a drysuit now and will dive in cold dark lakes in addition to 2-3 trips a year.

Plan is for light tech diving at truuk when I turn 40 and rebreather at bikini when I turn 45.

Are you me?

37, 110ish dives. Cert in 2014 but only got serious about it in the last 3-4 years. Getting a drysuit now and will dive in cold dark lakes in addition to 2-3 trips a year.

Plan is for light tech diving at truuk when I turn 40 and rebreather at bikini when I turn 45.
Yes as a matter of fact I am, but I'm the version of you who has 2 baby mama's and 4 kids.. so not quite 2 or 3 trips a year over here:)

Oh, and a grandbaby!

Feck... lol
62, certified January 1986.... 3000 plus dives
Well, I did own a liveaboard for 20 years, and crewed for another couple.

53 diving since 2016. I lost count after around 300 dives.

Ok, I just stopped logging when my handwriting made it laughable.

Back
Top Bottom