Question How old are you and how long certified? Poll- please take part!

How old are you and how long certified?

• 10-18

Votes: 13 1.3%
  • 19-29

Votes: 81 8.4%
  • 30-39

Votes: 153 15.8%
  • 40-49

Votes: 199 20.5%
  • 50-59

Votes: 231 23.8%
  • 60-69

Votes: 213 22.0%
  • 70-79

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 80-89

Votes: 6 0.6%
  • 90 and over

Votes: 1 0.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

75 years old. Been diving for 54 years but only certified for 12 years. Started before PADI and before certification was required to rent equipment. Have had my own gear for ages. Dove off my own boat or rented boats till certified.

60, +/- 4,500 dives, Certified as a PADI Jr. Basic Scuba Diver in 1977. Been getting wet ever since.

57.+300dives.RedSea.Advance.PADI.nitrox/sidemount.

Survey says.....young people aren't on Scubaboard lol.

And now to check Reddit for the same poll...

View attachment 781094
That Poll is probably seriously Skewed just like this one.
It's mostly younger people who use Reddit, so it would not surprise me if 80% of the people that answered are under the Age of 40 and most probably only dive as part of vacation packages.

This Poll is Skewed because most of the people who will join a diving forum are highly skilled divers and with a lot deeper involvement in the Hobby. You just don't find as many young people with that kind of passion for diving anymore.

I have been diving for 43 Years and probably done about 350 dives and another 500 or so spearfishing trips while snorkeling.

68 YOA - over 10,000 dives. Certified in 1968 or 1969. Diving since 1967.
Open water Instructor PADI in 1974 (Was titled "Underwater Instructor")
Full Cave instructor NACD 1975 - Sheck Exley was my evaluator.

Also an older boy 😇... 55 and fit, think so 😉. First zertifikate in 1997, near 600 dives, most in Red Sea, some in Phillis, Mexiko, Curacao, Maledives, Mauritius and some in German lakes. Since 2 years just with dry suite, older boy dont like freeze🤪😎🖖🖖
Following some remembers of the spots above:

Hope now english version works😇

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom