Question How old are you and how long certified? Poll- please take part!

How old are you and how long certified?

• 10-18

Votes: 13 1.3%
  • 19-29

Votes: 81 8.4%
  • 30-39

Votes: 153 15.8%
  • 40-49

Votes: 199 20.5%
  • 50-59

Votes: 231 23.8%
  • 60-69

Votes: 213 22.0%
  • 70-79

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 80-89

Votes: 6 0.6%
  • 90 and over

Votes: 1 0.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Auch ein älterer Junge 😇... 55 und fit, glaube ich 😉. Erstes OWD-Zertifikat im Jahr 1997, fast 600 Tauchgänge, die meisten im Roten Meer, einige in Phillis, Mexiko, Curacao, den Malediven, Mauritius und einige zu Hause gesehen. Seit 2 Jahren nur noch im Trockenanzug zu Hause...älterer Junge mag kein Frieren🤪😎🖖🖖
Hier sind einige Videos meiner Tauchabenteuer:

I can start yabbering in Arabic too but that would be impolite to the others here on SB. English is the standard language here.

Hallo Bolt,
jused englisch, meine Version wird automatisch übersetzt, deine auch?
Hope other See english Post😇

80 years old, started diving in 1957 at 23. Got certified in '59 with LA County to get air at my dive shop. Did my advanced diving with NAUI in 61.
Stopped counting dives in the '70s, too redundant. Did most of my diving in SoCal, Orange County. In the beginning, we made most of our gear from (PALLY'S) Army Navy Surplus stores. We pick up 38 cu. ft. tanks rated at 1800 psi. we used army ammo pockets with an army belt filled with used car wheel weights. The only things I had to buy were fins and a mask. Things have changed a lot in the '56 years since I started diving. I and my buddies would dive almost every day back then. Now I only do boat diving, got tired in my latter years dragging gear up and down the beaches. There is nothing more beautiful than the underwater world. I figure I only have about 30 good more years left of diving in me. :jump:

I figure I only have about 30 good more years left of diving in me.
:giggle: 30 years, and you are older by 7 years, I like your thinking,.
I am only up to 3,046 civilian dives in that time, 10,000 dives is impressive, less than 1% of divers would reach that ,and I log EVERY dive, old habits die hard [ if you wanted to be paid it was a required habit ].

Deleted : Old man rant about the 'young', and I am just over half your total dives.

80 years old, started diving in 1957 at 23. Got certified in '59 with LA County to get air at my dive shop. Did my advanced diving with NAUI in 61.
Stopped counting dives in the '70s, too redundant. Did most of my diving in SoCal, Orange County. In the beginning, we made most of our gear from (PALLY'S) Army Navy Surplus stores. We pick up 38 cu. ft. tanks rated at 1800 psi. we used army ammo pockets with an army belt filled with used car wheel weights. The only things I had to buy were fins and a mask. Things have changed a lot in the '56 years since I started diving. I and my buddies would dive almost every day back then. Now I only do boat diving, got tired in my latter years dragging gear up and down the beaches. There is nothing more beautiful than the underwater world. I figure I only have about 30 good more years left of diving in me. :jump:
Brilliant!!!

56 and, along with my wife, got certified a week ago. Grew up on the East coast of NZ and have been in the ocean all my life - sailing, surfing and free diving. When I was around 5 years old we had a family friend who was a Poseidon distributor and I used to swim around the bottom of his back yard pool on a Cyklon 300 and pony bottle on a kiddy-sized, homemade back plate until the air ran out - I loved it but never did anything about taking up diving recreationally until now :)

72 yr old. YMCA/NAUI stamped in ‘78 (cannot b 45 yrs….?). Instructor ‘82-‘06. Better 1/2 (‘92) & both dependents (@ 10 yrs). Employed @ 4 shops thru ‘20. Submerged 3/wk here in Midwest & 2/yr Cozumel. Nobody owes me nuthin. Blessings & Stay wet !

Another septuagenarian, welcome.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom