How old can u scuba dive to?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was certified when I turned 50 and plan to dive until I can't climb back into the boat.

Thats what I was thinking but then I remembered divets! :rofl3: Yeah baby ...

Guess it all depends on how much you want to do this stuff.

I'll turn 62 in October. Still getting wet at least every other weekend. Ocean dives typically around 2 hours and cave between 2 and 4 hours. Just picked up my second rebreather this year (an exploration-grade rebreather) that supposedly has a scrubber time of 12 hours, as my buddy and I would like to do some longer cave runs. I have limited my depth to 250 feet (normoxic) - no more real deep stuff - and have several such dives scheduled this season.

IMHO you have to stay in good shape and have the very best gear you can get - regardless of your age or economic situation. If you can't afford the time investment or the capital investment you don't need to go under water, regardless of your age.

Hope that helps. Looks like to me you have plenty of dives to do.

Regards,

Bill

Glad I found this thread. I am re-entering the sport, I'm 51 and was thinking the same thing, too old. Thanks. JOe

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom