How old is too old to scuba dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There was some French guy, I think he might have "invented" the sport or something like that, who seemed to do it long into his later years....

There was some French guy, I think he might have "invented" the sport or something like that, who seemed to do it long into his later years....
Yes! I forgot about him! It was that guy Bob l'éponge and his chubby sidekick Patrick Étoile!

1643917568147.png

If you're over 50, you shouldn't dive. stick to bingo, knitting and puzzles.

disclaimer: i'm over 50 :)

:rofl3::rofl3:
Well, there's some folks down at the Villages north of Orlando, all over 50, that apparently keep pretty busy doing all sorts of things...

This is akin to something that happened to me a few years ago. In addition to scuba, I'm also into astronomy. A friend had asked me to join him with our telescopes at a park in a nearby town for a gathering of seniors to "look at stars." The organizer of the event had called a reporter/photographer from the local paper to do a brief write-up on it. And sure enough, the next day, there was a photo of the 2 of us with our telescopes and a short write up under it that said "Gregg S..... and David M.... search for constellations with their telescopes..."

I both cringed and laughed when I read that. Anybody that knows anything about astronomy knows that the only way to see a constellation is with the naked eye. They're much too big to see with even the slightest of magnification. You can only see the individual stars or other stellar objects that lie within a constellation with a telescope.

So, yay me. I have not one but two activities I participate in that most members of the media have no idea about and get most things wrong about.
Great story and unfortunately, all too common :(

koko / yes ride a harley /sky dive and shoot /hunt .....then your done

Remember, you are only as old as the women you feel. (Or man, its gender dependent)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom