How to change drysuit boots, the correct way?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Daniel M. Thomas

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi guys and girls.

I have a new bare x mission evolution suit and the boots are too big, so I have bought replacement boots. The boots that are already on the suit have no aquatape on the outside and it's a nice clean look, there is stiching too but I think that's just the hem at the bottom of the suit. I have attached a picture to this post to explain what I mean.

Should any drysuit repairer be able to do the repair the same as this and apply the tape internally as I'm guessing it already is? I'd like to try and preserve the clean look without the tale externally and not mess up a brand new suit if I don't have to, any advice would be appreciated, thanks!
IMG_20191129_151412.jpg

It should be possible, but you don't necessarily mess up the suit if the joint is taped. I replaced the boots on my otter Britannic with the same boots as on your bare. I used melco tape on the outside seam and think it looks neat.

Attachments

• DSC_0270_1.JPG
    DSC_0270_1.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 96
Hi guys and girls.

I have a new bare x mission evolution suit and the boots are too big, so I have bought replacement boots. The boots that are already on the suit have no aquatape on the outside and it's a nice clean look, there is stiching too but I think that's just the hem at the bottom of the suit. I have attached a picture to this post to explain what I mean.

Should any drysuit repairer be able to do the repair the same as this and apply the tape internally as I'm guessing it already is? I'd like to try and preserve the clean look without the tale externally and not mess up a brand new suit if I don't have to, any advice would be appreciated, thanks! View attachment 552532
If you don't mind a trip to the New Forest, take it into Dennis at Predator Drysuits. His replacement and repair service is outstanding. Recently had my boots and neck seal replaced and the workmanship was better than the original. Good price and turn around time as well. Website link below:

Home - Predator Drysuits

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom