How to deal with this issue (SONY RX-100 II plus INON UWL-h100)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Duarte

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi!

So I have the SONY RX-100 II with the Ikelite Housing plus INON UWL-h100 type1 wetlens.

When I want to do those over and under water photos (like when you want to show the fish below and another subject above the water) the water gets in between the Wetlens and the Housing lens.

That means I get drops and condensation between the wetlens and the housinglens.

How do you deal with this?

Thank you!

A big wide rubber band around the base of the lens stops the water between the lens and the housing port.

Then you basically need to dunk the lens in the water and pull it up and for a second or two a film of water will "stick" to the entire lens, this is when you fire you shot, before it breaks apart and you get all the spots etc.

Giving your lens a good rub down with your spit can keep the water film on for a few extra moments.

For me the hassle is the focus as if you leave the camera on its own it focuses on the water line on the dome itself. So generally is recommended to use manual focus and then fire away.

Hi AlMitch, thanks for the reply.

I see what you're saying. It's still going to be hard because sometimes if it's not the water, it's condensation between the wetlens and the housing lens...

Yes the autofocus always focus on the water line... and to make it worst my button for the autofocus wasn't reaching the camera... but I sent it to Ikelite and they fixed it really fast.

By the way I was looking at your photos and they are amazing! I have some questions to ask you:

- What flash do you use?
- Do you have something special for Macro photography?
- Do you have the INON Wetlens plus a dome?

Thanks! Keep up the good work!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom